This offer is valid for new accounts only. You must be at least 18 years of age. If you're married, you may apply for a separate account. The Card offer referenced in this communication is only available to individuals who reside in the United States and its territories. Your eligibility for a particular product and service is subject to a final determination by Citibank. This communication is not and should not be construed as, an offer to individuals outside of the United States. Citibank, N.A., Sioux Falls, SD, ("Citi," "we" or "us") is the issuer of your account. Please allow 4 weeks from date of submission to process your Card Account application.
By submitting this application, you request that Citi establish a Citi® Double Cash Card account (the "Card Account") to you and any authorized users you have designated. You agree that all information provided in this application must be verifiable and accurate. The Card Account is governed by the terms of the card agreement ("Card Agreement") provided when the Card Account is issued.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT - To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. This means that we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you when you open an account. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents; and obtain identification information about you or any authorized user you add to your account.
You authorize us to get credit reports and other information about you from consumer reporting agencies and other sources, for such purposes as: determining whether to issue you a Card Account, administering, reviewing and renewing the Card Account, credit line increases or decreases, collection and other servicing of the Card Account, and offering other products and services and for any other uses permitted by law. If you ask us, we'll tell you whether or not we requested a credit bureau report and the names and addresses of any credit bureaus that provided us with such reports. From time to time, we may report negative information about your Card Account behavior, like delinquencies, to consumer reporting agencies.
To receive a Card Account, you must meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness.
Your credit limit will be determined based on the following:
We'll inform you of your credit limit when you receive your credit card. Some limits may be as low as $500. Please note that cash advances may be limited to a portion of your credit limit.
If you are approved for a Card Account, you'll receive a Card Agreement before you can use your Card Account. The terms of the Card Agreement will take effect once you use your Card Account. Even if you do not use your Card Account, the Card Agreement will take effect if you do not cancel your Card Account within 30 days after we send you the Card Agreement. We have the right to make changes to the terms of your Card Account (including rates and fees) in accordance with the Card Agreement.
Notice to Ohio Residents: The Ohio laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers, and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.
Notice to Wisconsin Residents: No marital property agreement, unilateral statement, or court decree adversely affects our rights, unless you give us a copy of such agreement, statement or court order before we grant you credit, or we have actual knowledge of its terms before your account is opened.
Before adding an authorized user to your Card Account you should know:
If we ask for information about the authorized user, you must obtain their permission to share their information with us and for us to share it as allowed by applicable law.
How to Make Balance Transfers
Things You Should Know About Your Balance Transfer Offer:
If you transfer a balance with this offer, interest will be charged on purchases made with your credit card unless your purchases have a 0% APR or you pay the New Balance shown on your statement (including the amount of your balance transfer) in full by the payment due date each billing period.
If you default under your Card Agreement you may lose any promotional APR on the balance transfer.
Any benefit, reward, service or feature offered in connection with your Card Account may change or be discontinued at any time for any reason, except as otherwise expressly indicated. Citi isn't responsible for products and services offered by other companies.
Your Citi Double Cash Card account ("Card Account") will earn cash rewards based on your purchases and related payments, as explained below.
• Cash Back on Purchases: At the end of each billing cycle, you will earn cash rewards equal to 1% of the dollar amount of the purchases posted to your Card Account during that billing cycle, subject to "When you will not earn cash rewards" below. The cash rewards you earn for purchases will show on your billing statement as "Cash Back on Purchases."
• Cash Back on Payments: At the end of each billing cycle, you will earn cash rewards equal to 1% of the dollar amount of any eligible payments you make on your Card Account as long as there is a balance in your Purchase Tracker (see "Purchase Tracker" below). You will only earn Cash Back on Payments for eligible payments up to the balance shown on your Card Account's Purchase Tracker. The balance in your Card Account's Purchase Tracker will be reduced by the amount of eligible payments you make. When the Purchase Tracker reaches $0, you won't earn cash rewards on eligible payments until more purchases are made and added to the Purchase Tracker. The cash rewards you earn for payments will show on your billing statement as "Cash Back on Payments."
• When you will not earn cash rewards:
Not earning cash rewards‐
For example: Your billing statement is sent on January 1 with a Minimum Payment Due of $57.25 and a payment due date of January 26; and the first day of your next Billing Period is February 1.
• January 1 ‐ your January billing statement is sent
• January 10 ‐ you make a $300 purchase
• January 26 ‐ your payment due date (when your $57.25 Minimum Payment Due must be paid)
• February 1 ‐ the first day of your next Billing Period
If you do not pay at least the Minimum Payment Due ($57.25) by February 1, then you will not earn 1% cash rewards for the January 10 purchase and that purchase will not appear in your Purchase Tracker. You will also not earn 1% cash back for payments correlated with that purchase unless you Reinstate the purchase and then make an eligible payment.
• Reinstatement: Reinstatement applies to purchases for which you did not receive cash rewards (Cash Back on Purchases) because you failed to pay the full Minimum Payment Due by the first day of your next Billing Period (as detailed above in "When you will not earn cash rewards"). You may receive cash rewards for these purchases if they are available for reinstatement and you contact us by phone, when your account is current, to request Reinstatement for these purchases. Purchases will be unavailable for Reinstatement if you have not otherwise earned any Cash Back on Purchases or Payments for 12 months. Purchases will also be unavailable for Reinstatement after your account is closed. The amount of the purchases associated with Reinstated purchases will appear in your Purchase Tracker balance following Reinstatement.
• Purchase Tracker: We will maintain a Purchase Tracker for your Card Account. The Purchase Tracker will be shown on your billing statement. The Purchase Tracker shows the balance of purchases (as detailed above in "Cash Back on Purchases") less eligible payments made on your Card Account, subject to "When you will not earn cash rewards" above. You will only earn Cash Back on Payments up to the balance shown on your Card Account's Purchase Tracker.
• Redeeming Cash Rewards: You may visit www.citi.com or contact us at 1-855-473-4583 to redeem your cash rewards. You must have a cash rewards balance of $25 or more to redeem your cash rewards for a check, statement credit, or credit to a linked account. There is a $1 minimum cash rewards balance required to convert cash rewards to ThankYou Points. To convert cash rewards to ThankYou Points your Card Account must be current at the time you convert. If you choose to convert cash rewards to ThankYou Points, the ThankYou Points you obtain will be governed by the ThankYou Terms and Conditions for Double Cash, as may be amended, from time to time, in our sole discretion. We may set up a ThankYou Account for you, regardless of whether you convert cash rewards to ThankYou Points, to enable you to convert cash rewards to ThankYou Points. For example, we will set up a ThankYou Account for you if you click on the "Convert to Points" redemption option. If we set up a ThankYou Account for you, we may provide information about your ThankYou Account to businesses (retailers and merchants) that participate in the Citi ThankYou Rewards loyalty program ("Participating Partners"). If you add your Card Account to an account you have with a Participating Partner and have used or use your Card Account to make a purchase, you may be automatically enrolled in a program that enables you to use ThankYou Points with that Participating Partner at checkout. If you are automatically enrolled in such a program, you will receive an email informing you of the auto-enrollment. You may also link your ThankYou Account to certain Participating Partners through self-registration processes that will be provided to you if available. You can choose to redeem your cash rewards as follows:
Only you may redeem cash rewards, unless you or we agree otherwise. You are responsible for any taxes that may be due on cash rewards redemptions.
• Account Closure: If we close your Card Account, you will no longer be able to earn or redeem your cash rewards and you will forfeit any accumulated, earned cash rewards. In addition, you will no longer be able to Reinstate purchases if we close your Card Account. If you close or convert your Card Account, you will no longer be able to earn cash rewards and you must redeem any available cash rewards prior to account closure or cash rewards will be forfeited. Additionally, you will no longer be able to Reinstate purchases if you close or convert your Card Account.
• Account Inactivity: Purchases will become unavailable for Reinstatement if your account does not earn any Cash Back on Purchases or Cash Back on Payments for 12 months. Reinstatement of purchases will not constitute the earning of Cash Back on Purchases for this purpose.
• Cash Rewards Expiration: Your cash rewards balance will expire if you have not earned any Cash Back on Purchases or Cash Back on Payments for 12 months.
• Value of Cash Rewards: Cash rewards have no cash value until such time as you may request and receive redemption (check or statement credit or direct deposit) for your eligible cash rewards. You may not assign, transfer, or pledge your cash rewards. You have no property rights or other legal interest in cash rewards.
• Program Rules: We may revise any of these terms at any time with 30 days prior written notice. In addition, we may terminate the Citi Double Cash Card Reward Program with 30 days prior written notice. If we terminate the program, you will only have 90 days to request your redemption eligible cash rewards.
• Fraud: If your Card Account shows any sign of fraudulent, abusive or suspicious activity, we may close or suspend your Card Account immediately without giving you prior notice. You may also forfeit your accrued cash rewards.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. World Elite is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.